The goal of Six Sigma is to help people and processes aim high in aspiring to deliver defect-free products and services. Six Sigma is a smarter way to manage a business or a department by improving customer satisfaction, reducing cycle time and reducing defects.
- Since its inception in 1986, Six Sigma certification has become a comprehensive and quite important set of techniques that many companies dealing with manufacturing, healthcare and sevice processes require for their employees.
- Designed to help improve the quality of process output and achieve a 99.99966 percent of success when it comes to ensuring that the quality levels associated with a particular process is maintained at its peak, the Six Sigma methodology is increasingly in demand today.
- The question on many manufacturing experts’ minds is, however, whether there is actually a need for Six Sigma online certification, and would getting an online certification diminish its value in any way?
Six Sigma Certification – Do You Need It?
- Whether you want to spend time on process improvement teams, or be in charge of the main decisions linked to the various procedures needed for process improvement, Six Sigma certification can definitely help.
- The knowledge itself can be extremely valuable, providing you with tools for achieving constant, predictable results with regards to the processes, while outlining a series of crucial characteristics for the definition, , measuring, analysis, improvement and control of both service and manufacturing related processes.
- Finally, unlike most of the older quality improvement methods still in use today, Six Sigma employs an extremely practical focus on creating predictable financial results, while emphasizing the importance of leadership and clarity required in the analysis of verifiable statistical data, as opposed to the use of guesswork or less easily quantifiable methods.
The Main Advantages of Online Certification
The Six Sigma exam may be demanding; however, the advantages it offers are worth all the effort, especially when taken online. Consider just some of the benefits associated with acquiring an online Six Sigma certification:
- Taking a Six Sigma certification course online will be far less costly, and allow you the freedom to comfortably set up your schedule for studying, and choose the timing of your exams with ease.
- Self-paced online training courses provide you with the very same level of quality and knowledge as regular courses. The difference is, you can follow them in the comfort of your own home, stop and start when you feel like it and take practice exams as you go through the courses. You can also obtain a free demo version of the course, before deciding whether you want to make the investment or not.
- Online practice exams will allow you to get accustomed to the examination process, and gain a better chance of ensuring you can subsequently give it 150%, when it comes down to the actual examination.
- Green Belt, Black Belt and Yellow Belt e-learning courses are all available online, and they are fully recognized by most companies, so that the potential of finding great career opportunities after certification will not be impaired by the fact that you’ve “only” taken an online course for it.
These are only a few of the benefits of quality online Six Sigma certification. While the certification requirements and periodic examinations are significantly affected by factors such as new technologies, as well as the changing dynamics of the service and manufacturing industries in any of its specific sections, a reliable online service offering quality certification resources is all you really need for obtaining the results you expect.