- Designed to help improve the quality of process output and achieve a 99.99966 percent of success when it comes to ensuring that the quality levels associated with a particular process is maintained at its peak, the Six Sigma methodology is increasingly in demand today.
- The question on many manufacturing experts' minds is, however, whether there is actually a need for Six Sigma online certification, and would getting an online certification diminish its value in any way?
SIX SIGMA CERTIFICATION - DO YOU NEED IT?
- Whether you want to spend time on process improvement teams, or be in charge of the main decisions linked to the various procedures needed for process improvement, Six Sigma certification can definitely help.
- The knowledge itself can be extremely valuable, providing you with tools for achieving constant, predictable results with regards to the processes, while outlining a series of crucial characteristics for the definition, , measuring, analysis, improvement and control of both service and manufacturing related processes.
- Finally, unlike most of the older quality improvement methods still in use today, Six Sigma employs an extremely practical focus on creating predictable financial results, while emphasizing the importance of leadership and clarity required in the analysis of verifiable statistical data, as opposed to the use of guesswork or less easily quantifiable methods.
THE MAIN ADVANTAGES OF ONLINE CERTIFICATION
- The Six Sigma exam may be demanding; however, the advantages it offers are worth all the effort, especially when taken online. Consider just some of the benefits associated with acquiring an online Six Sigma certification:
- Taking a Six Sigma certification course online will be far less costly, and allow you the freedom to comfortably set up your schedule for studying, and choose the timing of your exams with ease.
- Self-paced online training courses provide you with the very same level of quality and knowledge as regular courses. The difference is, you can follow them in the comfort of your own home, stop and start when you feel like it and take practice exams as you go through the courses. You can also obtain a free demo version of the course, before deciding whether you want to make the investment or not.
- Online practice exams will allow you to get accustomed to the examination process, and gain a better chance of ensuring you can subsequently give it 150%, when it comes down to the actual examination.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt e-learning courses are all available online, and they are fully recognized by most companies, so that the potential of finding great career opportunities after certification will not be impaired by the fact that you've “only” taken an online course for it.
These are only a few of the benefits of quality online Six Sigma certification. While the certification requirements and periodic examinations are significantly affected by factors such as new technologies, as well as the changing dynamics of the service and manufacturing industries in any of its specific sections, a reliable online service offering quality certification resources is all you really need for obtaining the results you expect.
WHAT LEAN SIX SIGMA CERTIFICATION LEVEL DO I NEED?
Six Sigma White Belts typically understand very basic vocabulary and fundamental concepts of the six sigma methodology. The training offers an overview level (usually a few hours) suitable for everyone within a company practicing Six Sigma. The lowest level of training offered by My Six Sigma Trainer is The Six Sigma Yellow Belt.
The IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt (ICYB) is a professional who is versed in the basics of the Lean Six Sigma Methodology who supports improvement projects as a part of a team or conducts small projects on a part time basis. A Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt possesses an understanding of the aspects within the phases of D-M-C.
Six Sigma Yellow Belts are usually trained to be a part of a Six Sigma team. Training usually take a 2 to 3 days. Six Sigma Yellow Belts understand more than White Belts and less than Green Belts. Yellow Belts typically understand enough to be able to be functioning and productive members of a Six Sigma project led by a Green Belts or Black Belts. The level of training is not sufficient to allow a Yellow Belt to lead a Six Sigma project on their own.
The IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (ICGB) is a professional who is well versed in the Lean Six Sigma Methodology who leads or supports improvement projects, typically as a part-time role. A Lean Six Sigma Green Belt possesses a thorough understanding of all aspects within the phases of D-M-A-I-C. They understand how to perform and interpret Six Sigma tools and how to use standard principles of Lean.
Six Sigma Green Belts are trained so they are able to solve several problems within processes through approximately 10 days of training. Green Belts are usually leaders of processes, such as employees that work in the accounting or finance group or on a manufacturing line.
The role of the Green Belt is to implement Lean Six Sigma projects within his/her department as part of their regular job. This means that the Green Belt would be doing a Six Sigma project that would improve processes they are a part of their job on a part time basis.
For example, if a Green Belt works in the finance group supporting the Information Technology (IT) team, they may run a project to decrease the time it takes to complete an account reconciliation at the end of the month. However, this would be only part of their daily role and responsibilities as a finance professional.
Normally, they will be assigned a Black Belt who is responsible for support by coaching and mentoring.
A typical Six Sigma Green Belt project may deliver anywhere from $10,000 to $100,000 of financial benefit to the organization.
If you’re looking to take your career up a level, adding a Green Belt certification to your resume can easily increase your marketability. This is even more so if you have completed a project which shows that your added training can lead to additional success in your new position.
The IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (ICBB) is a professional who is well versed in the Lean Six Sigma Methodology, who leads improvement projects, typically in a full-time role. A Lean Six Sigma Black Belt possesses a thorough understanding of all aspects within the phases of D-M-A-I-C. They understand how to perform and interpret Six Sigma tools and how to use standard principles of Lean.
Six Sigma Black Belts are trained to solve several process problems and usually sit through approximately 20 days of training.
With this much training, they are considered highly trained in the full set of Lean and Six Sigma methods and tools.
Compared to Green Belts, Black Belts implement improvement projects that are much more complex and strategically-important to the business. Most times the Black Belt projects are cross-functional in nature and typically require significant data and leadership skills to be successful.
The Black Belt work on the project(s) on a full time basis.
In addition to executing Six Sigma projects, they are usually responsible for coaching and mentoring Green Belts who are assigned to them. A Six Sigma Black Belt may coach anywhere from two to 10 Green Belts at a time.
A typical Six Sigma Black Belt project may deliver anywhere from $50,000 to $350,000 of financial benefit to the organization.
If you are on a corporate fast track, then you definitely need a Black Belt certification is what you need.
It has been observed in many corporations that a Black Belt certification is looked at as a prerequisite for managers. This is because Black Belts are able to quickly identify processes (and how to improve them) and defects (and how to eliminate them).
- SIX SIGMA MASTER BLACK BELTS [not offered by My Six Sigma Trainer at this time]
Six Sigma Master Black Belts are the most comprehensively trained and are the most skilled practitioners of Lean and Six Sigma.
They are often experts in leadership, facilitation, root cause analysis, and strategic management, in addition to being trained in Design for Six Sigma methodology.
They are considered the pinnacle of change management, and are able to lead any group or project to successful completion.
Master Black Belts often set strategic direction for an organization, remove roadblocks facing Black Belts or Green Belts assigned to them, and deliver or oversee training of employees in their organization.
A Six Sigma Master Black Belt may coach anywhere from two to 10 Black Belts at a time.
If you are considering a career in quality and Lean Six Sigma, the Master Black Belt Certification is certainly the training and certification you need to consider.
- STILL NOT SURE …. ?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will contact you to discuss your options.