What is “Six Sigma”?
- Our online courses are great for students who are looking to take a certification exam within a few months or gain indepth knowledge in Six Sigma.
- Each course can be completed at your own pace from the comfort of your home.
- MySixSigmaTrainer.com offers online courses for:
- Our training educators have multiple years of real world experience leading Six Sigma projects and training on the Six Sigma methodology.
There are Six Ways to Learn With My Six Sigma Trainer
- Corporate Programs There are Six Ways to Learn With My Six Sigma Trainer
- Public Group Classrooms we deliver public courses throughout the United States
- Self-Paced Study – students can be certified as a Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt, Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, while learning at their own pace and in the comfort of their office or home.
- Blended E-Learning (A Combination Self-Study with Live Webinars) Students can take the following training courses: Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt, Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt while learning at their own pace. In addition, they can elect to have some training with instructors in a virtual classroom.
- Live Webinars – Live Webinars are a convenient way to be trained if you can not attend our live classes in person. Live Webinars are conducted on the following training courses: Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt, Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.
- Hybrid – Our courses can be customized to meet your needs
- MySixSigmaTrainer also offers Lean Six Sigma practice exams for all the belt levels including Yellow, Green and Black Belts.
- The Practice Exams are modeled after the IASSC Belt Certification Exams and will aid in helping you prepare for successfully passing the IASSC exam of your choice.
WHAT SIX SIGMA CERTIFICATION LEVEL DO I NEED?
SIX SIGMA WHITE BELTS
Six Sigma White Belts typically understand very basic vocabulary and fundamental concepts of the six sigma methodology. The training offers an overview level (usually a few hours) suitable for everyone within a company practicing Six Sigma. The lowest level of training offered by My Six Sigma Trainer is The Six Sigma Yellow Belt.
SIX SIGMA YELLOW BELTS
The IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt (ICYB) is a professional who is versed in the basics of the Lean Six Sigma Methodology who supports improvement projects as a part of a team or conducts small projects on a part time basis. A Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt possesses an understanding of the aspects within the phases of D-M-C.
Six Sigma Yellow Belts are usually trained to be a part of a Six Sigma team. Training usually take a 2 to 3 days. Six Sigma Yellow Belts understand more than White Belts and less than Green Belts. Yellow Belts typically understand enough to be able to be functioning and productive members of a Six Sigma project led by a Green Belts or Black Belts. The level of training is not sufficient to allow a Yellow Belt to lead a Six Sigma project on their own.
SIX SIGMA GREEN BELTS
The IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (ICGB) is a professional who is well versed in the Lean Six Sigma Methodology who leads or supports improvement projects, typically as a part-time role. A Lean Six Sigma Green Belt possesses a thorough understanding of all aspects within the phases of D-M-A-I-C. They understand how to perform and interpret Six Sigma tools and how to use standard principles of Lean.
Six Sigma Green Belts are trained so they are able to solve several problems within processes through approximately 10 days of training. Green Belts are usually leaders of processes, such as employees that work in the accounting or finance group or on a manufacturing line.
The role of the Green Belt is to implement Lean Six Sigma projects within his/her department as part of their regular job. This means that the Green Belt would be doing a Six Sigma project that would improve processes they are a part of their job on a part time basis.
For example, if a Green Belt works in the finance group supporting the Information Technology (IT) team, they may run a project to decrease the time it takes to complete an account reconciliation at the end of the month. However, this would be only part of their daily role and responsibilities as a finance professional.
Normally, they will be assigned a Black Belt who is responsible for support by coaching and mentoring.
A typical Six Sigma Green Belt project may deliver anywhere from $10,000 to $100,000 of financial benefit to the organization.
If you’re looking to take your career up a level, adding a Green Belt certification to your resume can easily increase your marketability. This is even more so if you have completed a project which shows that your added training can lead to additional success in your new position.
SIX SIGMA BLACK BELTS
The IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (ICBB) is a professional who is well versed in the Lean Six Sigma Methodology, who leads improvement projects, typically in a full-time role. A Lean Six Sigma Black Belt possesses a thorough understanding of all aspects within the phases of D-M-A-I-C. They understand how to perform and interpret Six Sigma tools and how to use standard principles of Lean.
Six Sigma Black Belts are trained to solve several process problems and usually sit through approximately 20 days of training.
With this much training, they are considered highly trained in the full set of Lean and Six Sigma methods and tools.
Compared to Green Belts, Black Belts implement improvement projects that are much more complex and strategically-important to the business. Most times the Black Belt projects are cross-functional in nature and typically require significant data and leadership skills to be successful.
The Black Belt work on the project(s) on a full time basis.
In addition to executing Six Sigma projects, they are usually responsible for coaching and mentoring Green Belts who are assigned to them. A Six Sigma Black Belt may coach anywhere from two to 10 Green Belts at a time.
A typical Six Sigma Black Belt project may deliver anywhere from $50,000 to $350,000 of financial benefit to the organization.
If you are on a corporate fast track, then you definitely need a Black Belt certification is what you need.
It has been observed in many corporations that a Black Belt certification is looked at as a prerequisite for managers. This is because Black Belts are able to quickly identify processes (and how to improve them) and defects (and how to eliminate them).
SIX SIGMA MASTER BLACK BELTS
Six Sigma Master Black Belts are the most comprehensively trained and are the most skilled practitioners of Lean and Six Sigma.
They are often experts in leadership, facilitation, root cause analysis, and strategic management, in addition to being trained in Design for Six Sigma methodology.
They are considered the pinnacle of change management, and are able to lead any group or project to successful completion.
Master Black Belts often set strategic direction for an organization, remove roadblocks facing Black Belts or Green Belts assigned to them, and deliver or oversee training of employees in their organization.
A Six Sigma Master Black Belt may coach anywhere from two to 10 Black Belts at a time.
If you are considering a career in quality and Lean Six Sigma, the Master Black Belt Certification is certainly the training and certification you need to consider.
STILL NOT SURE …. ?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will contact you to discuss your options.