A professional who is well versed in Lean Six Sigma methodology that participates in large process improvement projects lead by a Master Black Belt or Black Belt or leads a smaller process improvement projects. They are proficient in most aspects of the Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control phases including project management, quality management tools, quality control tools, problem solving, and descriptive data analysis. Green Belts should spend between 10 to 20% of their time on projects. Green Belts should lead at least two smaller projects per year under Master Black Belt or Black Belt. Some responsibilities of a Green Belt include:
- Exhibits a mastery of the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Body of Knowledge.
- Shows proficiency at achieving results using the Lean Six Sigma approach.
- Involved in the recommendations of six sigma projects.
- Participates in six sigma project teams.
- Completes at least one six sigma project per year.
- Works with continuous improvement leaders to apply a structured approach to projects.