A professional who is considered a subject matter expert in the Lean Six Sigma methodology. They are proficient in all aspects of the Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control phases. They lead process improvement projects usually in a full time role. Black Belts should lead two to three high impact projects each year. Some responsibilities of a Black Belt include:
• Leads Lean Six Sigma process improvement projects where tangible results are realized by the business.
• Has an expert level understanding of the Lean Six Sigma body of knowledge.
• Demonstrates an ability to achieve results in any Six Sigma project.
• Acts as an internal consultant for process improvement efforts.
• Coaches and mentors Green Belts.