ICYB - IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt /Starter | 100% Online (SELF-PACED - 12 MONTHS) + IASSC Certification YB Exam Voucher + PMI PDU'S Available
Problem-solving is a critical skill that helps students grow on professional and personal levels. Lean Six Sigma provides a practical framework for solving problems. This Lean Six Sigma Training & Certification course empowers students to think critically, identify problems and work together to solve them. After completing this course, students will see the world with new eyes and be inspired to create positive change.
***OPEN ENROLLMENT - START ANYTIME ***
Curriculum accredited by the International Association for Six Sigma Certification (IASSC)
High degree of alignment to the American Society for Quality (ASQ) Body of Knowledge
Engaging, interactive content that drives real learning
INCLUDED IN TRAINING:
- IASSC YELLOW BELT EXAM VOUCHER (IS INCLUDED)
- 12 months Access to self-paced online training modules
- 300-page electronic course manual (PDF)
- Supplemental data & templates to complete exercises
- 40 hours of training videos & activities (PMI PDU's available)
- Two Simulation/Practice Exams
- Unlimited email support with Master Black Belt
- Data analysis software (NOT INCLUDED)- 30-day FREE trial version is available at Minitab.com
- Engaging, interactive content that drives real learning
- Self-paced study means you control the schedule
- Far lower cost than comparable instruction-led training
- Industry versions offer context to lessons
- Data analysis software (not included - trial version is available at Minitab.com)
- You can enroll and begin at any time
- The course integrates Lean topics into DMAIC roadmap
- Practice-based lessons with exercises and toolsets
- Easy navigation lets you explore the material when and how you like
- Online quizzes and practices provide immediate feedback
- Includes UNLIMITED EMAIL support, helpful learning tools, templates, and more
- Approximately 40 hours of content
- 365 days of access
- To enroll 5 or more students, contact us for pricing
- Live Onsite Corporate Training (available upon request)
- Webinar training (available upon request)
- Industry-specific training (eg. transactional, Healthcare, Financial Services, and Services (available upon request)
The Most In-depth e-Learning Available
In this 40-hour yellow Belt Course, you will actively practice techniques for both quantitative and non-quantitative analysis,
and gain the project management skills necessary to get projects done.
The course consists of twelve modules and follows the Lean Six Sigma DMAIC process, just as you would do for a real project.
Yellow Belt Minitab v12 consists of the modules below.
Yellow Belt Course Contents
DEFINE PHASE - The purpose of this step is to define and describe process components and boundaries; identify owners, customers, and other stakeholders; define and plan project scope and metrics, and define team dynamics and tools.
Understanding Six Sigma
Six Sigma Fundamentals
Selecting Projects Elements of Waste
Wrap Up and Action Items
MEASURE PHASE - This step involves identifying and measuring the gap between current performance and the required performance. The measurement process is assessed, as well, to determine how accurate and precise it is.
Welcome to Measure
Six Sigma Statistics
Measurement System Analysis
Wrap Up and Action Items
ANALYZE PHASE - NOT INCLUDED IN YELLOW BELT TRAINING
IMPROVE PHASE - NOT INCLUDED IN YELLOW BELT TRAINING
CONTROL PHASE - After implementing the solution, the goal is to sustain it. Usually, a control plan is documented.
Welcome to Control
Six Sigma Control Plans
Wrap Up and Action Item
Why Choose MySixSigmaTrainer's e-Learning
- An emphasis on practice:
- Over 50% of this course consists of exercises and quizzes that prepares you to complete real projects.
- The flexibility of on-demand content in e-Learning:
- You control the pace of action, e-Learning brings the knowledge directly to you, no matter where you are or when you need it. You have complete freedom to explore and revisit lessons.
- More effective and affordable:
- Traditional classroom training is expensive, disrupts your schedule and expects you to absorb a large amount of instruction in a short period of time.
- With our e-Learning, you learn when you're ready and able, and you eliminate travel, material and software expenses.
- Approved, high-quality content:
- Our materials are preferred by major universities and consultancies.
- We are an accredited provider of online Lean Six Sigma content by the International Association of Six Sigma Certification, who regularly reviews and approves our content.
Your computer must have these minimum requirements for full functionality:
Microsoft Windows with Microsoft Office with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, sound card and speakers or headphones, high-speed internet connection, internet browser (Internet Explorer 10+, Chrome 23+ or Firefox 17) and the latest versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player.
The leader in online Lean Six Sigma training and technology, enables individuals and organizations of all sizes to advance their performance by delivering powerful, scalable tools for process improvement.
Which Role is Right For You:
Six Sigma Roles & Responsibilities
Project Team Coach and Process Owner
- The senior executive who sponsors the overall Six Sigma initiative
- The project sponsor typically owns the area in which the project resides and works for the Champion. They are accountable for project results and ongoing continuous improvement after the initial project is complete. In fact, the sponsor is often responsible for many of the team members on the project team.
||Senior-level executive who is responsible for implementing Six Sigma within the business.
Barrier Buster and Project Selector
- Middle- or senior-level executive who sponsors a specific Six Sigma project, ensuring that resources are available and cross-functional issues are resolved.
- Champions and Sponsors Lead the Lean Six Sigma effort within a particular organization. They are responsible for working with leaders to set direction and select projects. They resource teams and work directly with the master, black and green belts to execute projects.
Experienced project leader
- A full-time professional who acts as a team leader on Six Sigma projects. Typically has four to five weeks of classroom training in methods, statistical tools and sometimes team skills.
- Black Belts also lead Six Sigma projects. These projects tend to be larger scale and require full-time focus and broad six sigma expertise. Black Belts are able to provide this leadership due to extensive training, skill-set, and availability. They are effective change agents, can learn quickly and are adept at working with both similar-level teams and with higher level leadership. They can be ‘dropped’ into a project area without knowing a considerable amount about the area and be expected to quickly come up to speed in order to be effective. For this reason, they are in HIGH demand.
|Master Black Belt
Chief Mentor and Instructor
- Highly experienced and successful Black Belt who has managed several projects and is an expert in Six Sigma methods/tools. Responsible for coaching/mentoring/training Black Belts and for helping the Six Sigma leader and Champions keep the initiative on track.
- Master Black Belts Lead a Lean Six Sigma effort within a segment of an organization. They are responsible for working with green and black belts to execute projects and with champions to institutionalize Six Sigma.
Process expert or team leader
- A part-time professional who participates on a Black Belt project team or leads smaller projects. Typically has two weeks of classroom training in methods and basic statistical tools.
- Green Belts Lead Six Sigma projects. Projects tend to be smaller scale than black belt projects. Green Belts are often team members, providing invaluable expertise for other black or green belt projects. They are usually either the Process Expert or Team Leader. The projects Green Belts work on are typically generated from within their own organization and will result in an improvement that directly affects their goals and deliverables for the year.
|Yellow Belt (Team Member)
Project members that are trained at an overview level in Lean Six Sigma
- Professional who has a general awareness of Six Sigma (through no formal training) and who brings relevant experience or expertise to a particular project.
||Professional responsible for the business process that is the target of a Six Sigma project.
International Association of Six Sigma Certification (IASSC)
Curriculum & Certification Requirments:
- The IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt™ (ICYB™) is a professional who is well versed in the foundational elements of the Lean Six Sigma Methodology, who leads limited improvement projects and / or serves as a team member as a part of more complex improvement projects lead by a Certified Green Belt or Certified Black Belt, typically in a part-time role.
- A Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt possesses a thorough understanding of the elementary aspects of the Lean Six Sigma Method including competence in the subject matters contained within the phases of Define, Measure, and Control (DMC) as defined by the IASSC Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Body of Knowledge™.
- A Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt understands how to implement, perform, interpret and apply Lean Six Sigma in a skilled yet limited and/or supportive context.
IASSC Universally Accepted Lean Six Sigma Body of Knowledge
IASSC CERTIFICATION TESTING:
The IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Exam™ is a
- 60 question, closed book,
- proctored exam with a 2 hour allotted time.
- The Exam contains multiple-choice and true/false questions from each section of the IASSC Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Body of Knowledge and is administered in more than 8,000 Testing Centers located within 165 countries throughout the world and through the IASSC Web-Based On-Demand testing system and by hundreds of IASSC Accredited Providers. Get more info at IASSC.org
- In order to achieve the professional designation of IASSC Certified Yellow Belt (IASSC-CYB™) from the International Association for Six Sigma Certification, candidates must sit for the IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Exam and achieve a minimum score of 230 points out of a total potential of 300 points.
- There are no prerequisites required in order to sit for the IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Exam.
- For those who wish to sit for the exam it is recommended, but not required, that Lean Six Sigma training is obtained through a qualified institution, Lean Six Sigma trainer or corporate program prior to sitting for the IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Exam.
- Upon successful achievement, Professionals will receive IASSC Yellow Belt Certification issued by the International Association for Six Sigma Certification™, the only independent third-party Certification Association within the Lean Six Sigma Industry.
- IASSC Certification is recognized perpetually. In accordance with the IASSC Recertification Policy, effective March 1, 2017, a classification system recognizes certifications as “Current” for a period of three years and defines regulations for maintaining such Status.
- An IASSC Certified Yellow Belt is issued a Certificate (PDF) which includes a Certification Number, a digital badge, added to the Official IASSC Certification Register and granted the right to use the IASSC Certification Marks and Titles; a professional designation which may be used in resumes and public profiles such as LinkedIn, consistent with the IASSC Marks Use Policy.